Husk Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HuskDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The supporting frame of a run of millstones.
- (v. t.) To strip off the external covering or envelope of; as, to husk Indian corn.
- (n.) The external covering or envelope of certain fruits or seeds; glume; hull; rind; in the United States, especially applied to the covering of the ears of maize.
• HuskinessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The state of being husky.
- (n.) Roughness of sound; harshness; hoarseness; as, huskiness of voice.
• HuskyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Abounding with husks; consisting of husks.
- (a.) Rough in tone; harsh; hoarse; raucous; as, a husky voice.
- (n.) The Eskimo language.
- (n.) An Eskimo; also, an Eskimo dog.
- (a.) Powerful; strong; burly.