Inflame Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• InflameDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To provoke to anger or rage; to exasperate; to irritate; to incense; to enrage.
- (v. t.) To exaggerate; to enlarge upon.
- (v. t.) To put in a state of inflammation; to produce morbid heat, congestion, or swelling, of; as, to inflame the eyes by overwork.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To kindle or intensify, as passion or appetite; to excite to an excessive or unnatural action or heat; as, to inflame desire.
- (v. i.) To grow morbidly hot, congested, or painful; to become angry or incensed.
- (v. t.) To set on fire; to kindle; to cause to burn, flame, or glow.
• InflamedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. a.) Set on fire; enkindled; heated; congested; provoked; exasperated.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Inflame
- (p. a.) Represented as burning, or as adorned with tongues of flame.