Insinuating Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• InsinuatingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Insinuate
- (a.) Winding, creeping, or flowing in, quietly or stealthily; suggesting; winning favor and confidence insensibly.
• InsinuateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To introduce artfully; to infuse gently; to instill.
- (v. t.) To hint; to suggest by remote allusion; -- often used derogatorily; as, did you mean to insinuate anything?
- (v. i.) To ingratiate ones self; to obtain access or favor by flattery or cunning.
- (v. t.) To introduce gently or slowly, as by a winding or narrow passage, or a gentle, persistent movement.
- (v. t.) To push or work (ones self), as into favor; to introduce by slow, gentle, or artful means; to ingratiate; -- used reflexively.
- (v. i.) To creep, wind, or flow in; to enter gently, slowly, or imperceptibly, as into crevices.
• InsinuatinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) By insinuation.