Invade Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• InvadeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To attack; to infringe; to encroach on; to violate; as, the king invaded the rights of the people.
- (v. t.) To grow or spread over; to affect injuriously and progressively; as, gangrene invades healthy tissue.
- (v. t.) To enter with hostile intentions; to enter with a view to conquest or plunder; to make an irruption into; to attack; as, the Romans invaded Great Britain.
- (v. i.) To make an invasion.
- (v. t.) To go into or upon; to pass within the confines of; to enter; -- used of forcible or rude ingress.
• InvadedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Invade