Irritating Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• IrritatingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Irritate
• IrritateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To increase the action or violence of; to heighten excitement in; to intensify; to stimulate.
- (v. t.) To produce irritation in; to stimulate; to cause to contract. See Irritation, n., 2.
- (v. t.) To render null and void.
- (a.) Excited; heightened.
- (v. t.) To excite anger or displeasure in; to provoke; to tease; to exasperate; to annoy; to vex; as, the insolence of a tyrant irritates his subjects.
- (n.) To make morbidly excitable, or oversensitive; to fret; as, the skin is irritated by friction; to irritate a wound by a coarse bandage.