Jibed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• JibedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Jibe
• JibDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To move restively backward or sidewise, -- said of a horse; to balk.
- (v. i.) A triangular sail set upon a stay or halyard extending from the foremast or fore-topmast to the bowsprit or the jib boom. Large vessels often carry several jibe; as, inner jib; outer jib; flying jib; etc.
- (v. i.) The projecting arm of a crane, from which the load is suspended.
- (n.) One that jibs, or balks; a jibber.
- () Alt. of Jibb
- (n.) A stationary condition; a standstill.
• JibeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To change a ships course so as to cause a shifting of the boom. See Jibe, v. t., and Gybe.
- (v. t.) To agree; to harmonize.
- (v. i.) To shift, as the boom of a fore-and-aft sail, from one side of a vessel to the other when the wind is aft or on the quarter. See Gybe.