Vain Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• VainDefinition & Meaning in English
- (superl.) Showy; ostentatious.
- (superl.) Proud of petty things, or of trifling attainments; having a high opinion of ones own accomplishments with slight reason; conceited; puffed up; inflated.
- (superl.) Destitute of forge or efficacy; effecting no purpose; fruitless; ineffectual; as, vain toil; a vain attempt.
- (n.) Vanity; emptiness; -- now used only in the phrase in vain.
- (superl.) Having no real substance, value, or importance; empty; void; worthless; unsatisfying.
• VaingloryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Excessive vanity excited by ones own performances; empty pride; undue elation of mind; vain show; boastfulness.