Lament Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LamentDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To express or feel sorrow; to weep or wail; to mourn.
- (v.) Grief or sorrow expressed in complaints or cries; lamentation; a wailing; a moaning; a weeping.
- (v. t.) To mourn for; to bemoan; to bewail.
- (v.) An elegy or mournful ballad, or the like.
• LamentationDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of bewailing; audible expression of sorrow; wailing; moaning.
- (n.) A book of the Old Testament attributed to the prophet Jeremiah, and taking its name from the nature of its contents.