Language Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LanguageDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To communicate by language; to express in language.
- (n.) Any means of conveying or communicating ideas; specifically, human speech; the expression of ideas by the voice; sounds, expressive of thought, articulated by the organs of the throat and mouth.
- (n.) The expression of ideas by writing, or any other instrumentality.
- (n.) The forms of speech, or the methods of expressing ideas, peculiar to a particular nation.
- (n.) The characteristic mode of arranging words, peculiar to an individual speaker or writer; manner of expression; style.
- (n.) The suggestion, by objects, actions, or conditions, of ideas associated therewith; as, the language of flowers.
- (n.) A race, as distinguished by its speech.
- (n.) The vocabulary and phraseology belonging to an art or department of knowledge; as, medical language; the language of chemistry or theology.
- (n.) The inarticulate sounds by which animals inferior to man express their feelings or their wants.
• LanguagelessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Lacking or wanting language; speechless; silent.