Latinize Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LatinizeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To give Latin terminations or forms to, as to foreign words, in writing Latin.
- (v. t.) To make like the Roman Catholic Church or diffuse its ideas in; as, to Latinize the Church of England.
- (v. t.) To bring under the power or influence of the Romans or Latins; to affect with the usages of the Latins, especially in speech.
- (v. i.) To use words or phrases borrowed from the Latin.
- (v. i.) To come under the influence of the Romans, or of the Roman Catholic Church.
• LatinizedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Latinize