Leaned Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LeanedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Lean
• LeanDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) Wanting flesh; destitute of or deficient in fat; not plump; meager; thin; lank; as, a lean body; a lean cattle.
- (v. i.) To cause to lean; to incline; to support or rest.
- (n.) Unremunerative copy or work.
- (v. i.) To rest or rely, for support, comfort, and the like; -- with on, upon, or against.
- (v. t.) To conceal.
- (v. i.) Wanting fullness, richness, sufficiency, or productiveness; deficient in quality or contents; slender; scant; barren; bare; mean; -- used literally and figuratively; as, the lean harvest; a lean purse; a lean discourse; lean wages.
- (v. i.) Of a character which prevents the compositor from earning the usual wages; -- opposed to fat; as, lean copy, matter, or type.
- (v. i.) To incline, deviate, or bend, from a vertical position; to be in a position thus inclining or deviating; as, she leaned out at the window; a leaning column.
- (v. i.) To incline in opinion or desire; to conform in conduct; -- with to, toward, etc.
- (n.) That part of flesh which consist principally of muscle without the fat.