Leaved Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LeavedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Bearing, or having, a leaf or leaves; having folds; -- used in combination; as, a four-leaved clover; a two-leaved gate; long-leaved.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Leave
• LeaveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v.) To cease from; to desist from; to abstain from.
- (v.) To let be or do without interference; as, I left him to his reflections; I leave my hearers to judge.
- (v.) To withdraw ones self from; to go away from; to depart from; as, to leave the house.
- (v. i.) To send out leaves; to leaf; -- often with out.
- (v.) To desert; to abandon; to forsake; hence, to give up; to relinquish.
- (v. t.) To raise; to levy.
- (v. i.) To depart; to set out.
- (v.) To put; to place; to deposit; to deliver; to commit; to submit -- with a sense of withdrawing ones self from; as, leave your hat in the hall; we left our cards; to leave the matter to arbitrators.
- (v. i.) To cease; to desist; to leave off.
- (v.) To have remaining at death; hence, to bequeath; as, he left a large estate; he left a good name; he left a legacy to his niece.
- (v.) To let remain unremoved or undone; to let stay or continue, in distinction from what is removed or changed.
- (n.) The act of leaving or departing; a formal parting; a leaving; farewell; adieu; -- used chiefly in the phrase, to take leave, i. e., literally, to take permission to go.
- (n.) Liberty granted by which restraint or illegality is removed; permission; allowance; license.