Lick Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• LickDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To lap; to take in with the tongue; as, a dog or cat licks milk.
- (v.) A quick and careless application of anything, as if by a stroke of the tongue, or of something which acts like a tongue; as, to put on colors with a lick of the brush. Also, a small quantity of any substance so applied.
- (v. t.) To draw or pass the tongue over; as, a dog licks his masters hand.
- (v.) A stroke of the tongue in licking.
- (v. t.) To strike with repeated blows for punishment; to flog; to whip or conquer, as in a pugilistic encounter.
- (n.) A slap; a quick stroke.
- (v.) A place where salt is found on the surface of the earth, to which wild animals resort to lick it up; -- often, but not always, near salt springs.
• Lick-spigotDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A tapster.
• LickingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A flogging or castigation.
- (n.) A lapping with the tongue.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Lick