Mattered Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MatteredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Matter
• MatterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To form pus or matter, as an abscess; to maturate.
- (n.) That which is permanent, or is supposed to be given, and in or upon which changes are effected by psychological or physical processes and relations; -- opposed to form.
- (n.) Affair worthy of account; thing of consequence; importance; significance; moment; -- chiefly in the phrases what matter ? no matter, and the like.
- (n.) Substance excreted from living animal bodies; that which is thrown out or discharged in a tumor, boil, or abscess; pus; purulent substance.
- (n.) Written manuscript, or anything to be set in type; copy; also, type set up and ready to be used, or which has been used, in printing.
- (n.) That of which anything is composed; constituent substance; material; the material or substantial part of anything; the constituent elements of conception; that into which a notion may be analyzed; the essence; the pith; the embodiment.
- (v. i.) To be of importance; to import; to signify.
- (v. t.) To regard as important; to take account of; to care for.
- (n.) That which one has to treat, or with which one has to do; concern; affair; business.
- (n.) Inducing cause or occasion, especially of anything disagreeable or distressing; difficulty; trouble.
- (n.) That of which the sensible universe and all existent bodies are composed; anything which has extension, occupies space, or is perceptible by the senses; body; substance.
- (n.) Amount; quantity; portion; space; -- often indefinite.
- (n.) That with regard to, or about which, anything takes place or is done; the thing aimed at, treated of, or treated; subject of action, discussion, consideration, feeling, complaint, legal action, or the like; theme.