Mitre Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MitreDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To match together, as two pieces of molding or brass rule on a line bisecting the angle of junction; to bevel the ends or edges of, for the purpose of matching together at an angle.
- (n.) A sort of base money or coin.
- (n.) The surface forming the beveled end or edge of a piece where a miter joint is made; also, a joint formed or a junction effected by two beveled ends or edges; a miter joint.
- (v. t.) To place a miter upon; to adorn with a miter.
- (n.) A covering for the head, worn on solemn occasions by church dignitaries. It has been made in many forms, the present form being a lofty cap with two points or peaks.
- (v. i.) To meet and match together, as two pieces of molding, on a line bisecting the angle of junction.
- (n. & v.) See Miter.
• MitredDefinition & Meaning in English
- () of Mitre