Overlooking Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• OverlookingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Overlook
• OverlookDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To inspect; to examine; to look over carefully or repeatedly.
- (v. t.) To look down upon from a place that is over or above; to look over or view from a higher position; to rise above, so as to command a view of; as, to overlook a valley from a hill.
- (v. t.) To look over and beyond (anything) without seeing it; to miss or omit in looking; hence, to refrain from bestowing notice or attention upon; to neglect; to pass over without censure or punishment; to excuse.
- (v. t.) To look upon with an evil eye; to bewitch by looking upon; to fascinate.
- (v. t.) Hence: To supervise; to watch over; sometimes, to observe secretly; as, to overlook a gang of laborers; to overlook one who is writing a letter.