Overwhelming Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• OverwhelmingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Overwhelm
- (a.) Overpowering; irresistible.
• OverwhelmDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cause to surround, to cover.
- (v. t.) To project or impend over threateningly.
- (n.) The act of overwhelming.
- (v. t.) To cover over completely, as by a great wave; to overflow and bury beneath; to ingulf; hence, figuratively, to immerse and bear down; to overpower; to crush; to bury; to oppress, etc., overpoweringly.