Paced Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PacedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pace
- (a.) Having, or trained in, [such] a pace or gait; trained; -- used in composition; as, slow-paced; a thorough-paced villain.
• PacDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A kind of moccasin, having the edges of the sole turned up and sewed to the upper.
• PaceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Specifically, a kind of fast amble; a rack.
- (v. t.) To walk over with measured tread; to move slowly over or upon; as, the guard paces his round.
- (n.) A slow gait; a footpace.
- (n.) Any single movement, step, or procedure.
- (n.) A broad step or platform; any part of a floor slightly raised above the rest, as around an altar, or at the upper end of a hall.
- (n.) A device in a loom, to maintain tension on the warp in pacing the web.
- (v. i.) To proceed; to pass on.
- (n.) A single movement from one foot to the other in walking; a step.
- (v. t.) To develop, guide, or control the pace or paces of; to teach the pace; to break in.
- (v. t.) To measure by steps or paces; as, to pace a piece of ground.
- (v. i.) To go; to walk; specifically, to move with regular or measured steps.
- (n.) Manner of stepping or moving; gait; walk; as, the walk, trot, canter, gallop, and amble are paces of the horse; a swaggering pace; a quick pace.
- (n.) The length of a step in walking or marching, reckoned from the heel of one foot to the heel of the other; -- used as a unit in measuring distances; as, he advanced fifty paces.
- (v. i.) To pass away; to die.
- (v. i.) To move quickly by lifting the legs on the same side together, as a horse; to amble with rapidity; to rack.