Panel Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PanelDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A segment of an aeroplane wing. In a biplane the outer panel extends from the wing tip to the next row of posts, and is trussed by oblique stay wires.
- (n.) A plain strip or band, as of velvet or plush, placed at intervals lengthwise on the skirt of a dress, for ornament.
- (v. t.) To form in or with panels; as, to panel a wainscot.
- (n.) One of the faces of a hewn stone.
- (n.) A board having its edges inserted in the groove of a surrounding frame; as, the panel of a door.
- (n.) Formerly, a piece of cloth serving as a saddle; hence, a soft pad beneath a saddletree to prevent chafing.
- (n.) A heap of dressed ore.
- (n.) A prisoner arraigned for trial at the bar of a criminal court.
- (n.) A slab or plank of wood upon which, instead of canvas, a picture is painted.
- (n.) One of the districts divided by pillars of extra size, into which a mine is laid off in one system of extracting coal.
- (n.) A portion of a framed structure between adjacent posts or struts, as in a bridge truss.
- (n.) A piece of parchment or a schedule, containing the names of persons summoned as jurors by the sheriff; hence, more generally, the whole jury.
- (n.) A sunken compartment with raised margins, molded or otherwise, as in ceilings, wainscotings, etc.
• PanelationDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of impaneling a jury.
• PaneledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Panel