Rescue Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RescueDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v.) The act of rescuing; deliverance from restraint, violence, or danger; liberation.
- (v.) The retaking by a party captured of a prize made by the enemy.
- (v.) The forcible retaking, or taking away, against law, of things lawfully distrained.
- (v.) The forcible liberation of a person from an arrest or imprisonment.
- (v. t.) To free or deliver from any confinement, violence, danger, or evil; to liberate from actual restraint; to remove or withdraw from a state of exposure to evil; as, to rescue a prisoner from the enemy; to rescue seamen from destruction.
• RescuerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who rescues.