Pen Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PenDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A wing.
- (n.) A small inclosure; as, a pen for sheep or for pigs.
- (n.) A female swan.
- (n.) An instrument used for writing with ink, formerly made of a reed, or of the quill of a goose or other bird, but now also of other materials, as of steel, gold, etc. Also, originally, a stylus or other instrument for scratching or graving.
- (n.) Fig.: A writer, or his style; as, he has a sharp pen.
- (v. t.) To write; to compose and commit to paper; to indite; to compose; as, to pen a sonnet.
- (n.) The internal shell of a squid.
- (n. & v.) To shut up, as in a pen or cage; to confine in a small inclosure or narrow space; to coop up, or shut in; to inclose.
- (n.) A feather.
• PenannularDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Nearly annular; having nearly the form of a ring.