Pennies Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PenniesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Penny
• PennyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) See Denarius.
- (a.) Denoting pound weight for one thousand; -- used in combination, with respect to nails; as, tenpenny nails, nails of which one thousand weight ten pounds.
- (n.) An English coin, formerly of copper, now of bronze, the twelfth part of an English shilling in account value, and equal to four farthings, or about two cents; -- usually indicated by the abbreviation d. (the initial of denarius).
- (a.) Worth or costing one penny.
- (n.) Any small sum or coin; a groat; a stiver.
- (n.) Money, in general; as, to turn an honest penny.