Pickle Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PickleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To preserve or season in pickle; to treat with some kind of pickle; as, to pickle herrings or cucumbers.
- (n.) See Picle.
- (v. t.) Vinegar, plain or spiced, used for preserving vegetables, fish, eggs, oysters, etc.
- (v. t.) To give an antique appearance to; -- said of copies or imitations of paintings by the old masters.
- (v. t.) A troublesome child; as, a little pickle.
- (v. t.) Any article of food which has been preserved in brine or in vinegar.
- (v. t.) A bath of dilute sulphuric or nitric acid, etc., to remove burnt sand, scale rust, etc., from the surface of castings, or other articles of metal, or to brighten them or improve their color.
- (v. t.) A solution of salt and water, in which fish, meat, etc., may be preserved or corned; brine.
• PicklerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who makes pickles.