Pitying Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PityingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Expressing pity; as, a pitying eye, glance, or word.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Pity
• PityDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A feeling for the sufferings or distresses of another or others; sympathy with the grief or misery of another; compassion; fellow-feeling; commiseration.
- (n.) Piety.
- (v. t.) To feel pity or compassion for; to have sympathy with; to compassionate; to commiserate; to have tender feelings toward (any one), awakened by a knowledge of suffering.
- (v. i.) To be compassionate; to show pity.
- (v. t.) To move to pity; -- used impersonally.
- (n.) A reason or cause of pity, grief, or regret; a thing to be regretted.