Ply Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PlyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v.) A fold; a plait; a turn or twist, as of a cord.
- (v. t.) To lay on closely, or in folds; to work upon steadily, or with repeated acts; to press upon; to urge importunately; as, to ply one with questions, with solicitations, or with drink.
- (v. t.) To bend.
- (v.) Bent; turn; direction; bias.
- (v. t.) To employ diligently; to use steadily.
- (v. i.) To work to windward; to beat.
- (v. t.) To practice or perform with diligence; to work at.
- (v. i.) To act, go, or work diligently and steadily; especially, to do something by repeated actions; to go back and forth; as, a steamer plies between certain ports.
- (v. i.) To bend; to yield.
• PlyghtDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. & n.) See Plight.