Premise Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PremiseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Either of the first two propositions of a syllogism, from which the conclusion is drawn.
- (n.) A proposition antecedently supposed or proved; something previously stated or assumed as the basis of further argument; a condition; a supposition.
- (n.) A piece of real estate; a building and its adjuncts; as, to lease premises; to trespass on anothers premises.
- (v. i.) To make a premise; to set forth something as a premise.
- (n.) To send before the time, or beforehand; hence, to cause to be before something else; to employ previously.
- (n.) To set forth beforehand, or as introductory to the main subject; to offer previously, as something to explain or aid in understanding what follows; especially, to lay down premises or first propositions, on which rest the subsequent reasonings.
- (n.) Matters previously stated or set forth; esp., that part in the beginning of a deed, the office of which is to express the grantor and grantee, and the land or thing granted or conveyed, and all that precedes the habendum; the thing demised or granted.
• PremisedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Premise