Provocation Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ProvocationDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An appeal to a court. [A Latinism]
- (n.) Incitement; stimulus; as, provocation to mirth.
- (n.) Such prior insult or injury as may be supposed, under the circumstances, to create hot blood, and to excuse an assault made in retort or redress.
- (n.) The act of provoking, or causing vexation or, anger.
- (n.) That which provokes, or excites anger; the cause of resentment; as, to give provocation.