Quaker Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• QuakerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The sooty albatross.
- (n.) One who quakes.
- (n.) The nankeen bird.
- (n.) Any grasshopper or locust of the genus (Edipoda; -- so called from the quaking noise made during flight.
- (n.) One of a religious sect founded by George Fox, of Leicestershire, England, about 1650, -- the members of which call themselves Friends. They were called Quakers, originally, in derision. See Friend, n., 4.
• QuakerlikeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Like a Quaker.