Raging Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RagingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Rage
- () a. & n. from Rage, v. i.
• RagDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To dance to ragtime music, esp. in some manner considered indecorous.
- (v. t.) To play or compose (a piece, melody, etc.) in syncopated time.
- (n.) A coarse kind of rock, somewhat cellular in texture.
- (n.) A ragged edge.
- (n.) A shabby, beggarly fellow; a ragamuffin.
- (n.) A sail, or any piece of canvas.
- (n.) A piece of cloth torn off; a tattered piece of cloth; a shred; a tatter; a fragment.
- (v. t.) To cut or dress roughly, as a grindstone.
- (v. i.) To become tattered.
- (v. t.) To scold or rail at; to rate; to tease; to torment; to banter.
- (n.) Hence, mean or tattered attire; worn-out dress.
- (v. t.) To break (ore) into lumps for sorting.
• RageDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A violent or raging wind.
- (n.) The subject of eager desire; that which is sought after, or prosecuted, with unreasonable or excessive passion; as, to be all the rage.
- (n.) To be violent and tumultuous; to be violently driven or agitated; to act or move furiously; as, the raging sea or winds.
- (n.) Violent excitement; eager passion; extreme vehemence of desire, emotion, or suffering, mastering the will.
- (n.) To toy or act wantonly; to sport.
- (n.) To be furious with anger; to be exasperated to fury; to be violently agitated with passion.
- (v. t.) To enrage.
- (n.) To ravage; to prevail without restraint, or with destruction or fatal effect; as, the plague raged in Cairo.
- (n.) Especially, anger accompanied with raving; overmastering wrath; violent anger; fury.