Reaction Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ReactionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A regular or characteristic response to a stimulation of the nerves.
- () A test for typhoid fever based on the fact that blood serum of one affected, in a bouillon culture of typhoid bacilli, causes the bacilli to agglutinate and lose their motility.
- (n.) Backward tendency or movement after revolution, reform, or great progress in any direction.
- (n.) An action induced by vital resistance to some other action; depression or exhaustion of vital force consequent on overexertion or overstimulation; heightened activity and overaction succeeding depression or shock.
- (n.) The mutual or reciprocal action of chemical agents upon each other, or the action upon such chemical agents of some form of energy, as heat, light, or electricity, resulting in a chemical change in one or more of these agents, with the production of new compounds or the manifestation of distinctive characters. See Blowpipe reaction, Flame reaction, under Blowpipe, and Flame.
- (n.) Any action in resisting other action or force; counter tendency; movement in a contrary direction; reverse action.
- (n.) The force which a body subjected to the action of a force from another body exerts upon the latter body in the opposite direction.
• ReactionariesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Reactionary
• ReactionaryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Being, causing, or favoring reaction; as, reactionary movements.
- (n.) One who favors reaction, or seeks to undo political progress or revolution.