Regent Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RegentDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Exercising vicarious authority.
- (a.) A resident master of arts of less than five years standing, or a doctor of less than twwo. They were formerly privileged to lecture in the schools.
- (a.) Ruling; governing; regnant.
- (a.) Especially, one invested with vicarious authority; one who governs a kingdom in the minority, absence, or disability of the sovereign.
- (a.) One of a governing board; a trustee or overseer; a superintendent; a curator; as, the regents of the Smithsonian Institution.
- (a.) One who rules or reigns; a governor; a ruler.
• RegentessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A female regent.
• RegentshipDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The office of a regent; regency.