Respiting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• RespitingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Respite
• RespiteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To give or grant a respite to.
- (n.) A putting off of that which was appointed; a postponement or delay.
- (n.) Temporary intermission of labor, or of any process or operation; interval of rest; pause; delay.
- (n.) The delay of appearance at court granted to a jury beyond the proper term.
- (n.) To relieve by a pause or interval of rest.
- (n.) To delay or postpone; to put off.
- (n.) To keep back from execution; to reprieve.
- (n.) Temporary suspension of the execution of a capital offender; reprieve.