Sawing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SawingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Saw
• SawDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To cut, as a saw; as, the saw or mill saws fast.
- (v. t.) Dictate; command; decree.
- (v. t.) To form by cutting with a saw; as, to saw boards or planks, that is, to saw logs or timber into boards or planks; to saw shingles; to saw out a panel.
- (v. t.) A saying; a proverb; a maxim.
- (v. t.) To cut with a saw; to separate with a saw; as, to saw timber or marble.
- () imp. of See.
- (v. i.) To be cut with a saw; as, the timber saws smoothly.
- (v. t.) Also used figuratively; as, to saw the air.
- (v. i.) To use a saw; to practice sawing; as, a man saws well.
- (v. t.) Something said; speech; discourse.
- (n.) An instrument for cutting or dividing substances, as wood, iron, etc., consisting of a thin blade, or plate, of steel, with a series of sharp teeth on the edge, which remove successive portions of the material by cutting and tearing.
- (imp.) of See