Scandal Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScandalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Anything alleged in pleading which is impertinent, and is reproachful to any person, or which derogates from the dignity of the court, or is contrary to good manners.
- (n.) Reproachful aspersion; opprobrious censure; defamatory talk, uttered heedlessly or maliciously.
- (n.) Offense caused or experienced; reproach or reprobation called forth by what is regarded as wrong, criminal, heinous, or flagrant: opprobrium or disgrace.
- (v. t.) To scandalize; to offend.
- (v. t.) To treat opprobriously; to defame; to asperse; to traduce; to slander.
• Scandalum magnatumDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A defamatory speech or writing published to the injury of a person of dignity; -- usually abbreviated scan. mag.
• ScandalizedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Scandalize