Scavenge Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ScavengeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To remove (burned gases) from the cylinder after a working stroke.
- (v. i.) To remove the burned gases from the cylinder after a working stroke; as, this engine does not scavenge well.
- (v. t.) To cleanse, as streets, from filth.
• ScavengerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v.) A person whose employment is to clean the streets of a city, by scraping or sweeping, and carrying off the filth. The name is also applied to any animal which devours refuse, carrion, or anything injurious to health.