Servile Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ServileDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a servant or slave; befitting a servant or a slave; proceeding from dependence; hence, meanly submissive; slavish; mean; cringing; fawning; as, servile flattery; servile fear; servile obedience.
- (a.) Held in subjection; dependent; enslaved.
- (n.) An element which forms no part of the original root; -- opposed to radical.
- (a.) Not belonging to the original root; as, a servile letter.
- (a.) Not itself sounded, but serving to lengthen the preceeding vowel, as e in tune.
• ServilenessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Quality of being servile; servility.