Severities Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SeveritiesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Severity
• SeverityDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The quality or state of being severe.
- (n.) Harshness; cruel treatment; sharpness of punishment; as, severity practiced on prisoners of war.
- (n.) The quality or power of distressing or paining; extreme degree; extremity; intensity; inclemency; as, the severity of pain or anguish; the severity of cold or heat; the severity of the winter.
- (n.) Gravity or austerity; extreme strictness; rigor; harshness; as, the severity of a reprimand or a reproof; severity of discipline or government; severity of penalties.
- (n.) Exactness; rigorousness; strictness; as, the severity of a test.