Sir Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SirDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A title prefixed to the Christian name of a knight or a baronet.
- (n.) An English rendering of the LAtin Dominus, the academical title of a bachelor of arts; -- formerly colloquially, and sometimes contemptuously, applied to the clergy.
- (n.) A respectful title, used in addressing a man, without being prefixed to his name; -- used especially in speaking to elders or superiors; sometimes, also, used in the way of emphatic formality.
- (n.) A man of social authority and dignity; a lord; a master; a gentleman; -- in this sense usually spelled sire.
• SiraskierDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) See Seraskier.
• SireDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A tittle of respect formerly used in speaking to elders and superiors, but now only in addressing a sovereign.
- (n.) A lord, master, or other person in authority. See Sir.
- (v. t.) To beget; to procreate; -- used of beasts, and especially of stallions.
- (n.) A creator; a maker; an author; an originator.
- (n.) A father; the head of a family; the husband.
- (n.) The male parent of a beast; -- applied especially to horses; as, the horse had a good sire.