Skin Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SkinDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To become covered with skin; as, a wound skins over.
- (n.) A vessel made of skin, used for holding liquids. See Bottle, 1.
- (v. i.) To produce, in recitation, examination, etc., the work of another for ones own, or to use in such exercise cribs, memeoranda, etc., which are prohibited.
- (n.) The bark or husk of a plant or fruit; the exterior coat of fruits and plants.
- (n.) The hide of an animal, separated from the body, whether green, dry, or tanned; especially, that of a small animal, as a calf, sheep, or goat.
- (v. t.) To strip of money or property; to cheat.
- (n.) The covering, as of planking or iron plates, outside the framing, forming the sides and bottom of a vessel; the shell; also, a lining inside the framing.
- (v. t.) To cover with skin, or as with skin; hence, to cover superficially.
- (n.) The external membranous integument of an animal.
- (n.) That part of a sail, when furled, which remains on the outside and covers the whole.
- (v. t.) To strip off the skin or hide of; to flay; to peel; as, to skin an animal.
• SkinchedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Skinch