Stable Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StableDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) So placed as to resist forces tending to cause motion; of such structure as to resist distortion or molecular or chemical disturbance; -- said of any body or substance.
- (v. i.) A house, shed, or building, for beasts to lodge and feed in; esp., a building or apartment with stalls, for horses; as, a horse stable; a cow stable.
- (v. i.) Firmly established; not easily moved, shaken, or overthrown; fixed; as, a stable government.
- (v. i.) Steady in purpose; constant; firm in resolution; not easily diverted from a purpose; not fickle or wavering; as, a man of stable character.
- (v. i.) Durable; not subject to overthrow or change; firm; as, a stable foundation; a stable position.
- (v. t.) To fix; to establish.
- (v. t.) To put or keep in a stable.
- (v. i.) To dwell or lodge in a stable; to dwell in an inclosed place; to kennel.
• StablenessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The quality or state of being stable, or firmly established; stability.