Slash Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SlashDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A opening or gap in a forest made by wind, fire, or other destructive agency.
- (v. t.) To lash; to ply the whip to.
- (v. t.) To crack or snap, as a whip.
- (v. t.) To cut by striking violently and at random; to cut in long slits.
- (v. i.) To strike violently and at random, esp. with an edged instrument; to lay about one indiscriminately with blows; to cut hastily and carelessly.
- (n.) Swampy or wet lands overgrown with bushes.
- (n.) A large slit in the material of any garment, made to show the lining through the openings.
- (n.) A long cut; a cut made at random.
• Slash pineDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A kind of pine tree (Pinus Cubensis) found in Southern Florida and the West Indies; -- so called because it grows in "slashes."