Slough Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SloughDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The dead mass separating from a foul sore; the dead part which separates from the living tissue in mortification.
- (a.) Slow.
- (n.) A place of deep mud or mire; a hole full of mire.
- (v. i.) To form a slough; to separate in the form of dead matter from the living tissues; -- often used with off, or away; as, a sloughing ulcer; the dead tissues slough off slowly.
- (n.) A wet place; a swale; a side channel or inlet from a river.
- (n.) The skin, commonly the cast-off skin, of a serpent or of some similar animal.
- (v. t.) To cast off; to discard as refuse.
- () imp. of Slee, to slay. Slew.
• SloughingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Slough
- (n.) The act of casting off the skin or shell, as do insects and crustaceans; ecdysis.