Smoothed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SmoothedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Smooth
• SmoothDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) To free from obstruction; to make easy.
- (a.) To make smooth; to make even on the surface by any means; as, to smooth a board with a plane; to smooth cloth with an iron.
- (n.) The act of making smooth; a stroke which smooths.
- (superl.) Bland; mild; smoothing; fattering.
- (superl.) Causing no resistance to a body sliding along its surface; frictionless.
- (a.) To palliate; to gloze; as, to smooth over a fault.
- (superl.) Gently flowing; moving equably; not ruffled or obstructed; as, a smooth stream.
- (a.) To free from harshness; to make flowing.
- (v. i.) To flatter; to use blandishment.
- (a.) To give a smooth or calm appearance to.
- (superl.) Having an even surface, or a surface so even that no roughness or points can be perceived by the touch; not rough; as, smooth glass; smooth porcelain.
- (adv.) Smoothly.
- (superl.) Flowing or uttered without check, obstruction, or hesitation; not harsh; voluble; even; fluent.
- (n.) That which is smooth; the smooth part of anything.
- (a.) To ease; to regulate.
- (superl.) Evenly spread or arranged; sleek; as, smooth hair.