Spoiled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SpoiledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Spoil
• SpoilDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To practice plunder or robbery.
- (v. t.) To cause to decay and perish; to corrput; to vitiate; to mar.
- (v. t.) To seize by violence;; to take by force; to plunder.
- (n.) The act or practice of plundering; robbery; aste.
- (n.) Corruption; cause of corruption.
- (n.) That which is gained by strength or effort.
- (v. t.) To render useless by injury; to injure fatally; to ruin; to destroy; as, to spoil paper; to have the crops spoiled by insects; to spoil the eyes by reading.
- (n.) That which is taken from another by violence; especially, the plunder taken from an enemy; pillage; booty.
- (v. t.) To plunder; to strip by violence; to pillage; to rob; -- with of before the name of the thing taken; as, to spoil one of his goods or possession.
- (v. i.) To lose the valuable qualities; to be corrupted; to decay; as, fruit will soon spoil in warm weather.
- (n.) Public offices and their emoluments regarded as the peculiar property of a successful party or faction, to be bestowed for its own advantage; -- commonly in the plural; as to the victor belong the spoils.
- (n.) The slough, or cast skin, of a serpent or other animal.