Stitched Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StitchedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Stitch
• StitchDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An arrangement of stitches, or method of stitching in some particular way or style; as, cross-stitch; herringbone stitch, etc.
- (v. i.) A local sharp pain; an acute pain, like the piercing of a needle; as, a stitch in the side.
- (v. i.) To practice stitching, or needlework.
- (v. t.) To form stitches in; especially, to sew in such a manner as to show on the surface a continuous line of stitches; as, to stitch a shirt bosom.
- (v. t.) To sew, or unite together by stitches; as, to stitch printed sheets in making a book or a pamphlet.
- (v. i.) A contortion, or twist.
- (v. i.) A furrow.
- (v. i.) A space of work taken up, or gone over, in a single pass of the needle; hence, by extension, any space passed over; distance.
- (v. t.) To form land into ridges.
- (v. i.) A single pass of a needle in sewing; the loop or turn of the thread thus made.
- (v. i.) A single turn of the thread round a needle in knitting; a link, or loop, of yarn; as, to let down, or drop, a stitch; to take up a stitch.
- (v. i.) Any least part of a fabric or dress; as, to wet every stitch of clothes.