Stoke Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StokeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To poke or stir up a fire; hence, to tend the fires of furnaces, steamers, etc.
- (v. t.) To poke or stir up, as a fire; hence, to tend, as the fire of a furnace, boiler, etc.
- (v. t.) To stick; to thrust; to stab.
• StokeholeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The mouth to the grate of a furnace; also, the space in front of the furnace, where the stokers stand.
• StokeyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Close; sultry.