Stomach Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StomachDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Pride; haughtiness; arrogance.
- (v. i.) To be angry.
- (v. t.) To bear without repugnance; to brook.
- (n.) Hence appetite in general; inclination; desire.
- (v. t.) To resent; to remember with anger; to dislike.
- (n.) The desire for food caused by hunger; appetite; as, a good stomach for roast beef.
- (n.) An enlargement, or series of enlargements, in the anterior part of the alimentary canal, in which food is digested; any cavity in which digestion takes place in an animal; a digestive cavity. See Digestion, and Gastric juice, under Gastric.
- (n.) Violence of temper; anger; sullenness; resentment; willful obstinacy; stubbornness.
• StomachalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the stomach; gastric.
- (a.) Helping the stomach; stomachic; cordial.
- (n.) A stomachic.
• StomacherDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An ornamental covering for the breast, worn originally both by men and women. Those worn by women were often richly decorated.
- (n.) One who stomachs.