Stripe Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StripeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A pattern produced by arranging the warp threads in sets of alternating colors, or in sets presenting some other contrast of appearance.
- (n.) A strip, or long, narrow piece attached to something of a different color; as, a red or blue stripe sewed upon a garment.
- (n.) A long, narrow discoloration of the skin made by the blow of a lash, rod, or the like.
- (v. t.) To make stripes upon; to form with lines of different colors or textures; to variegate with stripes.
- (n.) A line, or long, narrow division of anything of a different color or structure from the ground; hence, any linear variation of color or structure; as, a stripe, or streak, of red on a green ground; a raised stripe.
- (n.) Color indicating a party or faction; hence, distinguishing characteristic; sign; likeness; sort; as, persons of the same political stripe.
- (v. t.) To strike; to lash.
- (n.) The chevron on the coat of a noncommissioned officer.
- (n.) A stroke or blow made with a whip, rod, scourge, or the like, such as usually leaves a mark.
• StripedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having stripes of different colors; streaked.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Stripe