Stud Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• StudDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A kind of nail with a large head, used chiefly for ornament; an ornamental knob; a boss.
- (v. t.) To adorn with shining studs, or knobs.
- (v. t.) To set with detached ornaments or prominent objects; to set thickly, as with studs.
- (n.) A stem; a trunk.
- (n.) A stud bolt.
- (n.) A short rod or pin, fixed in and projecting from something, and sometimes forming a journal.
- (n.) An upright scanting, esp. one of the small uprights in the framing for lath and plaster partitions, and furring, and upon which the laths are nailed.
- (n.) An iron brace across the shorter diameter of the link of a chain cable.
- (n.) An ornamental button of various forms, worn in a shirt front, collar, wristband, or the like, not sewed in place, but inserted through a buttonhole or eyelet, and transferable.
- (n.) A collection of breeding horses and mares, or the place where they are kept; also, a number of horses kept for a racing, riding, etc.
• StudentryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A body of students.
• StudiedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Premeditated; planned; designed; as, a studied insult.
- (a.) Well versed in any branch of learning; qualified by study; learned; as, a man well studied in geometry.
- (a.) Intent; inclined.
- (a.) Closely examined; read with diligence and attention; made the subject of study; well considered; as, a studied lesson.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Study
• Studding sailDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A light sail set at the side of a principal or square sail of a vessel in free winds, to increase her speed. Its head is bent to a small spar which is called the studding-sail boom. See Illust. of Sail.