Suited Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SuitedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Suit
• SuitDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To dress; to clothe.
- (v. t.) To be fitted to; to accord with; to become; to befit.
- (v. t.) To fit; to adapt; to make proper or suitable; as, to suit the action to the word.
- (n.) A number of things used together, and generally necessary to be united in order to answer their purpose; a number of things ordinarily classed or used together; a set; as, a suit of curtains; a suit of armor; a suit of clothes.
- (n.) The act of suing; the process by which one endeavors to gain an end or an object; an attempt to attain a certain result; pursuit; endeavor.
- (n.) Regular order; succession.
- (v. i.) To agree; to accord; to be fitted; to correspond; -- usually followed by with or to.
- (n.) Things that follow in a series or succession; the individual objects, collectively considered, which constitute a series, as of rooms, buildings, compositions, etc.; -- often written suite, and pronounced sw/t.
- (n.) That which follows as a retinue; a company of attendants or followers; the assembly of persons who attend upon a prince, magistrate, or other person of distinction; -- often written suite, and pronounced sw/t.
- (n.) The attempt to gain an end by legal process; an action or process for the recovery of a right or claim; legal application to a court for justice; prosecution of right before any tribunal; as, a civil suit; a criminal suit; a suit in chancery.
- (v. t.) To please; to make content; as, he is well suited with his place; to suit ones taste.
- (n.) The act of wooing in love; the solicitation of a woman in marriage; courtship.
- (n.) The act of following or pursuing, as game; pursuit.
- (n.) One of the four sets of cards which constitute a pack; -- each set consisting of thirteen cards bearing a particular emblem, as hearts, spades, cubs, or diamonds.
• SuiteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A retinue or company of attendants, as of a distinguished personage; as, the suite of an ambassador. See Suit, n., 5.
- (n.) A connected series or succession of objects; a number of things used or clessed together; a set; as, a suite of rooms; a suite of minerals. See Suit, n., 6.
- (n.) One of the old musical forms, before the time of the more compact sonata, consisting of a string or series of pieces all in the same key, mostly in various dance rhythms, with sometimes an elaborate prelude. Some composers of the present day affect the suite form.